Promulgate rules in accordance with the provisions of chapter twenty-nine of the state code to implement and effectuate the provisions of this article, including but not limited to, legislative rules establishing the following:
- a code of professional ethics.
- continuing education requirements and standards.
- examination, licensure and renewal requirements of duly qualified applicants.
- procedures and guidelines for the suspension or revocation of a license.
- adopt procedural and interpretive rules in accordance with the provision of Chapter 29 of the code.
- adopt an official seal.
- issue and renew licenses and issue interim permits to duly qualified applicants.
- impose and collect fees for the issuance and renewal of permits or licenses.
- suspend, revoke and reinstate licenses.
- conduct hearings on licensing issues and any other matter properly, within the jurisdiction of the Board.
- maintain a record of all proceedings of the Board.
- submit a biennial report to the Governor describing activities of the Board.
About the Board
The West Virginia Board of Licensed Dietitians is a regulatory and disciplinary body. It is the sole authority for the issuance of licenses to practice dietetics in the State of West Virginia.
The purpose of the Board is to protect the public interest through its licensure and professional discipline of dietitians and to provide a professional environment that encourages the delivery of quality nutritional information and medical nutrition therapy within the State of West Virginia.
The Board consists of five (5) members who are appointed by the Governor, by and with the consent of the Senate. Four of the members are experienced registered and licensed dietitians and one member is a public member.
Each officer is elected annually and the position descriptions are as follows:
CHAIRPERSON - Oversees the operation of the WVBOLD in accordance with applicable state statute and regulation. Responsibilities and Duties
VICE CHAIRPERSON - Oversees the operation of the WVBOLD in accordance with applicable state statute and regulation in the absence of the Chair. Responsibilities and Duties
TREASURER - Maintains all financial records to be in compliance with the requirements of the State of West Virginia. Responsibilities and Duties
SECRETARY - The Recording Secretary is responsible for recording the minutes of the Board’s meeting. Responsibilities and Duties
AUDIT CHAIRPERSON - The Auditor is responsible for overseeing the annual licensee Continuing Education Unit (CEU) audit. Responsibilities and Duties
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY - Timely and accurate performance of administrative duties for the WVBOLD. Responsibilities and Duties
The office is staffed Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm: Available Via Email and Phone Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 am to 11:30pm